Climbing the Heights

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Journal #24 Jazz Technique III Class #24

Well,
as I sit here I am rather sore from the past few days of dance. Ballet went okay today. I must admit I didn't feel as good about today as other days. I still need to work hard on getting the technique down. It's not and easy or always fun challenge, but it is a good challenge worth investing in.
In other news, I registered for Spring classes. It's hard to believe that this semester is almost over! I'm planning on taking one ballet class and one modern. In addition to these two, I hope to take one more ballet class through the Dallas Metropoliton Ballet. So, it promises to be a busy semester, but hopefully not as exausting as this one has been!
Jazz was not too bad the other day. I must admit, I'm still struggling with some of the choreography. I think I've got most of it down, but the timing on some of it is a bit of a challenge, and the last few eight counts at the end of the piece are still a bit rusty as they are still being altered. So.... it promises to be an interesting show next week!
I suppose if there were any words of encouragement for the remaining days ahead, it would be to go out strong and confident each time. Embrace the dance, and make it my own! What I know, do it with all my strength, and what I don't know, do it still with great passion and confidence in a way that shows I am not intemidated by lack of execution. Part of the greatest element of performance is improvisation: owning the piece and making it your own. The steps are taught, and then you are supposed to stylize them how you feel they work best for you. And in the end, that is all that you can do!
Putting the best foot forward,
The Dancing Devil Dog

No comments: