Climbing the Heights

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Journal #25 Jazz Technique III Class #25

Well,
as I sit here writing this today, I'm feeling rather tired! It feels like it's been a rather long day already! In ballet, we met at the JAT to run over our rehearsal on stage. It went fairly well, but I still feel like I need to work on tweaking the coreography, and mastering the technique.
It's hard to believe this whole semester is almost over, it's gone by so fast!
One thing that was kind of fun today, was that after ballet, I went into the studio to practice for a little while, and just as I was finishing up and about to head out, another dance class was coming in. Well, it turned out that they were doing a little ballroom, and since we were already there (those of us who were hanging out there) we were asked to stay for the class. So, we did and we learned some salsa and meringue. It was a lot of fun! It was cool, because for a moment it took my mind off of other things such as the choreography for the performance, and I was truly able to just have fun, because I wasn't "performing!"
Anyway, let me back up and talk a little about last Thursday's jazz class. It went fairly well. We went over the last bit of the piece, as we were still refining the choreography there. But, I think it was starting to come together for the most part. As I said before, I still don't feel like I have it as down as I would like, but I feel that with the time I have remaining, all I can really do is give me best with what I have down, and try to enjoy it and express that joy in my dance. The rest is show business!
And so off I go again into another day of dance,
The Dancing Devil Dog

No comments: